Time for another WBSD (World Blog Surf Day) and also time to celebrate my 100th blog post. Ok, a lot of the long time, hard working and so on internet marketers will sneer at this small blogging milestone. But nevertheless, I think, for me it is a reason to celebrate! Bearing in mind hat my hyperactive brain makes it difficult for me to concentrate and stick to it, posting so regularly and sticking more or less to the main theme of this blog which is “blogging”, it IS an achievement for me. So what have I achieved over the last seven months that this blog is active?
- 99 100 blog posts published
- 1440+ comments published on this blog, the ones of readers and my responses to those
- PR4, for what it is worth
- Alexa Rank <80 000, showing that I target the right group of people
- 100 (on a bad day) to over 200 (on a good one) unique visitors per day
- Earnings from this blog … ( sorry, that is between me and the tax (wo)man)
- Bounce rate for last month 71% (still too high)
- Average time on site: 1:53 min (not bad, but it could be better)
- 52% of all site visitors are coming via a search engine (pretty good for a blog of this nature)
- Feed subscribers and Twitter followers see top right of sidebar!
So, yes, I am a happy bunny how this blog has developed over the last months, now of to the next 100 or even better 1000 blog posts!
And now to WBSD (World Blog Surf Day)
Sher from Czech of the Beaten Path has taken ones more the initiative to organize our quarterly World Blog Surf Day, WBSD for short This time I will participate not from this blog, but from a blog I am a guest blogger for (quite recently). The Working Nomad is a far better fit for an expat world blog surf day post .
If you are a fellow expat, maintain an active active expat or travel blog and fancy to participate in this “blog around the world” event, please sign up for WBSD.
See you there and here, SY
If you like this blog post and found it helpful, why not share it with your preferred social network? Handy links and bookmarklets above ^^^ ;-)