If you want to skip the background info and register forthwith at my shiny new Work At Home Forum, just send me an email to forum (at) hospitalera dot com and state your desired user name. I will register you then and send you your password. If you want to know why I finally decided to rejoin the forum owners again, read on 😉
How will this Work At Home Forum be different?
Most of the existing forums on the Make Money Online topic are either attached to a certain product / service like the forums of Keyword Strategy or Keyword Academy or are a bit of a ‘wild battlefield’ and not always very newbie friendly. Try asking ‘How do I resize a photo for my website’ or similar on the Warrior Forum and chances are that you get either no answer or that somebody simply tells you, in no uncertain terms, to Google it. So I thought, an independent forum that caters especially to newbies, or to people that simply have occasionally a newbie questions, might be helpful.
That doesn’t mean more experienced people are not welcome, quite the opposite, I just hope with this to set the tone of the forum from the beginning. Over the last months I have answered an awful lot of questions via emails and blog comments and thought that there is a real need for this kind of thing. Plus I asked some of my online friends, and strangely enough they agreed with me 😉
I will also aim to keep this forum as spam- and scam-free as humanly possible and that is where especially the ‘old hands’ in internet marketing come in that hopefully help me to warn others from the most frequent ‘make money online scams’ out there …
The Name ‘Work At Home Forum’
That one was easy, as most of us do work from home as bloggers, internet marketers, niche marketers, infopreneurs, affiliate marketers, website owners, make money onliners or whatever you want to describe yourself. But most of this is done from home, and, btw, that keyword phrase has also a decent traffic potential 😉
Why not an open registration?
One word, spammers! I had forums before and most of them died because taking care of spammers took far too much time and effort. I played with the idea of asking a monthly subscription of $0.99 but dropped that as the effort of setting this up, troubleshooting it etc would not be worth it. And, in the end, most of the things I have learned so far in this business, I learned for free – so why should I charge for it? And yes, there will be the odd affiliate banner later on and yes, I will recommend certain services and products, in the end, running a forum does take up a lot of resources and time, so I will be upfront about this from the beginning. But I don’t think I will ever charge for forum access and if that should change in the far and distant future, existing members will be excluded from this. So if you join today, you will always have free access! (Now that I call a nice all to action ‘internet marketer style’ ;-))
I am not counting with crowds on this forum, actually that might be better, as things tend to stay more friendly if places are not too crowded. So, no I am not after big numbers, but I am after people that actually chime in from time to time and post something! But lurkers are also welcome 😉
Work At Home Forum Rules and Set-up
There are not many rules, and they are all fairly common sense:
- The forum is not open to guests, this prevents also the search engine bots to crawl it, still, use common sense when revealing your site’s name / url or similar.
- The forum is not pretty, just the usual SMF default theme and the basic functionalities that you need. Perhaps I make it ‘pretty’ over time, but most likely not. In the end, the most important part of a forum are its members. But yes, more specific boards will be added if and when the need arises.
- No affiliate links in signatures and posts, links to reviews that you have published on your own sites are allowed. I hope to keep with this some of the scammers away that are only after the quick buck and don’t care about if the program / service / product they promote is actually useful for somebody. And yes, I am allowed to use my own affiliate links, in the end, I have to pay some bills for hosting etc. Not just? Perhaps not, feel free to disagree 😉
- No hatred, discrimination, swear words, personal insults, trolling etc. Something like: ‘Damn! I did it again and bought another domain name I don’t need!’ is ok btw, ‘You are a bloody idiot and have no idea what you are talking about!’ is not ok. See the difference? 😉
- No promotion of Black hat methods, keep it Google compliant! There is enough you can do with a site to improve its rankings without falling foul of Google’s guidelines.
- Oh, and before I forget it, yes there is an ‘Off Topic’ board available, but please keep emotionally charged topics like politics or religion out of it. In my experience they never end well and very few people are mature enough to discuss them politely on the semi-anonymous platform that the internet is. If you manage to do so, kudos! If you want to see how quickly these topics can turn very ugly, have a look at the respective forums at Hubpages … UGG!
Still interested in joining this new Work At Home Forum? Just send me an email to forum (at) hospitalera dot com with your desired user name. I will register you then and send you your password and you are good to go and post.
Any more questions / suggestions? Just leave them in a comment 😉
PS No, I haven’t forgotten to give you the url, it wouldn’t help you much as there is nothing to see for unregistered guests 😉 But if you insist, here it is: http://sheseo.com/forum/
If you like this blog post and found it helpful, why not share it with your preferred social network? Handy links and bookmarklets above ^^^ 😉